Two new members in Oslo Cancer Cluster: Institute for Energy Technology – IFE and ONLY Oncology
Institute for Energy Technology – IFE and ONLY Oncology are now members of the Oslo Cancer Cluster. Please find more information on the new mwmbers below. IFE is also part of the Oslo Cancer Cluster Incubator.
About Institute for Energy Technology – IFE
IFE is an independent international research foundation for energy and nuclear technology. IFE’s mandate is to undertake research and development, on an ideal basis and for the benefit of society, within renewable energy and environmental technology, oil and gas, nuclear medicine and nuclear safety, and to carry out assignments in the field of nuclear technology for the nation.
IFE was founded in 1948 as The Institute for Atomic Energy (IFA). IFA developed into Norway’s largest research institute, and in 1980 IFA changed its name to the Institute for Energy Technology – IFE. Since that time, the institute has further developed and become a leading international, experimental research institute. IFE has about 600 employees with headquarters at Kjeller, and research activities at Kjeller and Halden. IFE’s vision is to be an internationally leading energy research institute.
Every year one to two percent of Norway’s population undergoes a medical assessment using radioactive pharmaceutical products. The isotope laboratories at IFE are the Norwegian control organ for radioactive medicines. The laboratories are organized as a pharmacy and provide advice and guidance on the use of the products. The majority of radioactive medicines used in Norway are controlled at IFE before they are sent out to Norwegian hospitals.
The isotope Laboratories at IFE has significant expertise and know-how across the entire product development chain supported by experienced staff in radiochemistry and radiopharmacy.
IFE has dedicated laboratories for production, packaging and quality control of radiopharmaceuticals. These laboratories are classified in respect of cleanliness classes in accordance with international GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) rules and in accordance with radiation protection legislation.
IFE has facilities and licenses for global distribution of radiopharmaceuticals for clinical and commercial phase.
IFE is a Contract Research Organization (CRO) for production of new radiopharmaceuticals. In addition IFE is a Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO). IFE has a dedicated manufacturing line for the contract manufacturing of Xofigo (a radiopharmaceutical based on the radioisotope Ra-223 and developed by Algeta in Norway). Xofigo has been manufactured by IFE for global supply since May 2013. IFE is also performing contract analyses. In addition IFE has facilities to conduct research with isotopes including production of new isotopes.
About Only Oncology:
Only Oncology is a specialist Oncology Medical Communications agency:
- We have approximately 30 writers with oncology expertise, all are PhD’s
- We have offices in the UK, (London and Manchester), and San Francisco and New York in the US
- We work with both big pharma and biotech companies to ensure the clinical profile of the product is appropriately communicated to physicians, payers and most importantly the patient.
Activities in the oncology field:
- Directing communication activities, from pre-clinical through Phase III and beyond
- Support for strategic publication planning and writing. Including developing the core scientific statements used in all communications, corporate, and clinical
- Setting up advisory panels to advise on the development programme focusing on meaningful clinical benefit and clinical study end points for regulatory approval
- Delivering advisory boards clinical and payer
- Identifying external experts across all tumor types
- Aiding internal training (new starters, MSL’s etc.)
- Writing Target Product Profiles