The 2021 International NTNU Symposium on Clinical Biomarkers of Cancer is the 3rd bi-annual meeting about current and future cancer biomarkers gathering experts who will present their cutting-edge research and discuss future challenges.
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) and Oslo Cancer Cluster invites you to join this clinician-researcher-initiated symposium on cancer biomarkers.
– Early detection, screening and precision diagnostics
– Treatment biomarkers, immunotherapy, financial toxicity and patient perspective
– Future Perspectives on Biomarker and Treatment Discovery
Who should join this symposium?
- Researchers, clinicians, and students focusing on clinical biomarkers for cancer, early detection, immunotherapy biomarkers, treatment targets, and prediction markers for the clinic.
- Stakeholders from the scientific community who would like to hear from and engage with Norwegian and international experts.
- Those interested in accessing information and interacting with an international community dedicated to this science.
About the event:
The Symposium on Clinical Biomarkers of Cancer meeting series was established in 2016 and is organized by the Department of Clinical and Molecular Medicine, NTNU. This international symposium series is dedicated to scientific inquiry and connecting information about recent research and clinical activities with stakeholders in Norway and around the world. NTNU is a university with over 42,000 students. The main campus located in Trondheim is a thriving hub for science, technology, and research. Oslo Cancer Cluster is co-organizer for the 2021 symposium.
Registration is via the NTNU-administered site.
The symposium will be presented as a digital event in English. There is no cost to register/participate. When you register, you will receive a link to join the symposium 1 week prior to the event. NOTE: This link will allow you to join/access Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3. Please see the themes for each day below.
To register, please click on: Register HERE
Program details and updates from NTNU are available HERE
Moderator: Oluf Dimitri Røe, MD, PhD, Professor, Senior Consultant Oncologist, Department of Clinical and Molecular Medicine, NTNU
Date/times: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 10am-2pm & 6pm-8:10pm
Theme: Early Detection, Screening, and Precision Diagnostics
Introduction: Professor Pål Romundstad, Dean of Research, NTNU
Date/times: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 10am-2pm & 6pm-8:10pm
Theme: Treatment Biomarkers, Immunotherapy, Financial Toxicity and Patient Perspective
Date/times: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 2pm-4pm
Theme: Future Perspectives on Biomarker and Treatment Discovery
Introduction: Oluf D. Røe, MD & PhD, Professor, Senior Consultant Oncologist, Dept. of Clinical and Molecular Medicine, NTNU
*To be confirmed.